GrayLOVE 004: Mia Garret on Telling Truths + Having Hard Conversations with Your Mate or Loved One
In this episode, the realest, most down to earth psychotherapist, Mia Garret talks with me about how to have hard conversations with someone we love without compromising the relationship. We talk about how it can be hard to tell the truth in relationships because people are not ready to deal with the consequences of telling those truths. Mia gives actionable steps for us to start taking to tell truths in ways that people will more likely receive them. She also goes through what not to do in an argument with your mate, like playing victim. We speak on how to have hard conversations about sex, mother-laws, with friends, and other situations.
If this podcast has inspired you or helped you in anyway consider giving a special thank you by becoming a Patreon of KIMf
How to Tell the Truth with Your Mate
- Know the person that you are in communications with-
- Get your partner when they are calm and in a space where they are ready to communicate
- Watch your tone
- Use words that are affirming
- Use the sandwich method: Start with an affirmation – put your criticize in the middle and end with an affirmation.
- Check in with them mid conversation
11 Major Keys to Surviving Hard Talks
To get this free printable go to Mia’s Instagram page (CLICK HERE) where you can download it from her profile link. Make sure you Follow her while you are there because she give these awesome bits of wisdom everyday.
In this episode Mia, speaks on how you can start bringing creative solutions to your partner when there is a disagreement. She even speaks on how sometimes people just aren’t ready to have hard conversations and she explains that it’s okay to revisit the topic a little later if you need to.
Resources used in this episodes:
- Book : The Sexually Confident Wife
- www.keepitmovingfitness.com – fitness tips
- Follow me on Instagram : @iam_Kimf