One Pot Veggie Lasagna
Lasagna has always been a house hit. My husband actually deemed it his childhood favorite but the old school way of making it does not qualify it as an easy dinner idea. In fact, it was a pain in my butt before I figured out a way to simplify it without losing any of the delicious flavors. I even adapted my favorite meaty version of this lasagna and created this vegetarian masterpiece. I now add this light dish to my bi-weekly rotation because it’s so simple to make and a great way to stuff veggies down my family’s mouths. Turn’s out…. you don’t even miss the meat. This vegetarian dinner has so much flavor, your family will definitely beg for more.
For more of my simple and easy dinner ideas CLICK HERE to join my free email list. You will get a Free Bare Minimum Weekly Prep list as soon as you confirm your email. This is my holy grail list of making dinner easy each week.
One Pot Veggie Lasgne
This simple vegetarian Lasagna is perfect for week night dinners. It's packed with flavor and simple to make because everything cooks in one pot.
- 1 Cup Part-skim ricotta Cheese keep at room temperature
- 1/4 Cup Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese You can use the pre grated parm from the store too
- 2 tbsp Chopped fresh parsley plus more for garnish
- 1 Tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 large onion chopped
- 8 oz Baby Bell Mushrooms Stemmed and thinly sliced
- 1 Cup Red bell pepper Chopped
- 3 Garlic cloves Chopped
- 2 cups Baby Spinach Chopped
- 2 Cups Broccoli Florets Chopped in medium pieces
- 2 cups jarred marinara sauce Rao's Marinara sauce is the bomb
- 1 cup low-sodium Vegetable Broth I use chicken broth (i am not a vegetarian)
- 1/2 cup dry white wine Chardonnay or Sauvignon blanc (You can replace the wine with more broth but please don't it makes for so much flavor and the alcohol is cooked out so kids can still eat it )
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Basil Chopped, Optional
- 7 oz no boil lasgna Broken into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese Shredded
In a small bowl, mix the ricotta cheese, parmesan cheese, and parsley
In a 12-inch OVENPROOF nonstick skillet with a fitted lid, heat the oil over medium-high heat until sizzling. Add the onion and cook until just about translucent (about 2 minutes), add mushrooms, broccoli, bell pepper, and garlic and cook stirring all the veggies until tender (5 minutes). Add spinach and cook until wilted (1 min) Transfer to a medium bowl.
To the skillet, add the marinara sauce, broth, wine, and basil. Stir to mix together and bring to a simmer. Add the noodles, stir to coat, and make sure the noodles are covered with the sauce. Return the veggies to the skillet and reduce the heat to medium. Simmer covered and stir occassionally until the pasta is just tender and the sauce is thicker (about 20 minutes)
Remove the pan from the heat and dollop the ricotta cheese mixture over the lasagna and sauce. Sprinkle the mozzarella on top, making sure to cover the blank sauce spaces with cheese.
Preheat the broiler to HIGH, put the pan on the top row and broil until the yummy cheese is melted and golden spotted brown.
sprinkle the top with the fresh parsley or any type of fresh green herb you have.