Eat Healthy for Less Than $30 – Simple Baked Chicken Legs
This may not be vegetarian friendly but if you love your poultry and are on a budget buy baked chicken legs in bulk. If you make enough, you will have chicken for 2-3 different dishes that week. It’s a good idea to keep cooked baked chicken in your refrigerator as your “refrigerator meal.” This reduces the likelihood that you will stop at that fast food restaurant when you are hungry. Knowing that you always have some good ole’ baked chicken legs in the fridge works wonders when you are trying to lose weight.
One day this week you can have the baked chicken leg recipe listed below. Just pair it with some sauteed frozen veggies and/or sauteed mushrooms and dinner is done.
Ways to Use Leftover Baked Chicken Legs
- Chop up the chicken to make Chicken Salad Sandwich
- Make a salad with chicken
- Make Chicken soup
- Make chicken quesadilla
- Add the chicken to a easy pasta dish, throw some peas, and a fancy sauce on it and you’re basically an Italian chef.
How to Make Simple Baked Chicken Drumsticks
Ingredients: (Recipe from food.com)
- 9 -12chicken drumsticks
- garlic powder
- olive oil
- rosemary (optional)
- Put some olive oil in the bottom of a 9×13 pan (just enough to put the drumsticks on).
- Add drumsticks (space enough apart so they aren’t touching each other).
- Sprinkle generously with pepper and garlic powder. Sprinkle lightly with salt. Add rosemary to the chicken, if desired.
- Bake at 375° F for half an hour. Turn drumsticks over and add more garlic powder, pepper and salt (same as before). Top with the parsley.
- Bake another half an hour, or until cooked until 160°F.