5 of the Best Decatur Restaurants
Located west of downtown and directly inside of Atlanta’s I-285, The city of Decatur is home to more than 200 shops, restaurants, and other local business. College students are a short distance away from their campus and working adults are flocking to make this city their home because of its increase in development and critically acclaimed restaurants. Some of the best Decatur restaurants are the primary reason the city is rapidly growing and foodies call it a home away from home.
Decatur has delicious food for everybody. There are local restaurants for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and even cute bars for those who just want to grab a drink. When looking for what to do in Atlanta, a stop in Decatur should definitely be on your list.
We went scouting for the absolutely best places to eat in the city of Decatur. The city has over 80 dining hotspots so had to bring in some locals to help us narrow down favorites. We took into consideration taste, price, customer service, and appearance.
Here are 5 of our Best Decatur Restaurants
We encourage you to go try them for yourselves and let us know of your experience. Tell us your favorite dish and of course we love a good #Graylove hashtag.
- Cakes & Ale: (155 Sycamore St. Decatur, GA 30030) First off, the drinks here are amazing (Graylove editor opinion). The wine, beer, and cocktail selection just made dinner that much better. The menu was enticing. The seasonal ingredients in our dishes were mouth watering.
- Twain’s Brewpub & Billiards: (211 East Trinity Place Decatur, GA 30030) We like the vibe. It’s an all around cool place. You must try the brunch menu! The Benedict… to die for and who doesn’t love locally brewed beer?
- Leon’s Full Service: (131 E Ponce De Leon Ave Decatur, Georgia 30030) We were in love with the place after just reading it’s core values, before we even visited. But then we visited it and… DAMN! I felt special when I first stepped in the door. I had to wonder if staff knew we were critics? I doubt they knew.. so it’s safe to say this place was great. The whiskey cocktails are Graylove favorites.
- no. 246: (129 E Ponce De Leon Ave Decatur, GA 30030) This is Farm-to-table food at it’s best. This restaurant is locally sourced Italian cuisine. The modern decor, large windows, and cute patio is a favorite. The food was delicious and so fresh. You could taste every ingredient.
- Revival: (129 Church Street, Decatur, GA 30030) The name says it all. This is traditional sunday dinner served family-styled and they won my heart with the Revival mac n’ cheese. I doubted it good be better than my grandma’s but they delivered. We will be back next sunday for sure.