6 Types of Shoes Every Woman Must Have
There are two types of women in the world. The woman who is obsessed with shoes and will sacrifice her soul to get her hands on her next pair and there are those who are not. The woman who sees a new pair of shoes as the temporary cure to all evil understands how the smell of fresh leather or rubber sole can distract you and infect your soul with a dose of happiness. The sounds of the packaging being unopened as she removes her new addition from its box is like the first time her crush hugged her and a piece of her melted. It’s like the cape of a super hero in that she becomes powerful and invincible. A new shoe to her is what a cup of spinach is to Popeye; strength, confidence, and temporary escape.
And then there are those women who simply put on shoes because the condition of the ground requires it and in order to protect their feet they throw on the first pair they see. To cover their feet is a shoe’s only purpose and they rarely give them more power than that. These are the women who have on the same pair of sneakers from 10 years ago or who wear those ugly silver pumps from her best friend’s wedding at every occasion or the woman who will buy her child every unnecessary toy or item of clothing but refuses to spend a fraction of the cost on herself and definitely won’t spend it on her feet.
This message is for the woman in that in between space. She isn’t overly obsessed but she cares just enough to want to introduce variety into her closet. This is for the woman who wants to turn over a new leaf and send a message to her feet that they matter too. With all of the bills, and children necessities, and household obligations the least you can do is tell your inner self that responsibility and priorities does not mean neglect.
With all of the bills and household obligations the least you can do is tell your inner self that responsibility does not mean neglect. @iam_Kimf
I spoke to a top shoe stylist Nordstrom’s about must have shoes for the non shoe lover. She gave me insight on which shoes can be functional and stylish. Her message to you is that you should be prepared for any event or opportunity at any given time without spending too much money and without being a label whore if you don’t want to be.
6 Types of Shoes
Here are the 6 types of shoes that every woman should have in their closet. If you are constantly purchasing for everyone but yourself, I admire you and encourage you to keep giving but in between your philanthropic moments make sure you treat yourself to at least these 6 types.
- A Slip on Sneaker: A sneaker doesn’t have to be from the well known sports or athletic line. They are for your errand days, get-things done days, lazy days. Paired with a basic jean or sweat suit, your go to sneaker can be cute, comfortable and chic. The Vince Women’s Blair Loafer are my favorite and Vans VANS CLASSIC SLIP ON SKATE SHOES 7.5 (TRUE WHITE) are a cheaper alternative but I am sure you can find some cute ones at Payless or Target. Don’t sleep on Target.
- A Pointy Flat: Any cute flat would just about do the job on those days when you can’t wear a sneaker, are too tired for a heel, and still want to be cute. The pointy flat just ups your fancy a little. The have the nice stiletto feel without the stiletto. Sam Edelman is a good go to brand when you don’t want to spend your rent on a shoe but you a bit pass the Target stage. I will always love Target but these Sam Edelman Women’s Reema are on my to-treat-my-feet list.
- A Weather or Rain Boot: I was shocked that this type of shoe was on the list. My fabulous fashionista big sister agreed 100% with the Nordstrom Shoe Stylist when she said we all must have a Rain Boot. “Why can’t I just wear a boot and run fast when it’s raining?” I asked. “You can but you are better than that,” my sister replied with not even a smirk. Weather boots are a statement to the world and yourself that you care even on the icky days. It’s like that bit of attention to detail that so many “busy” people overlook. After her lecture, I can only pray she get’s me these Hunter Womens Original Back Adjustable Black Rain Boot – 7 but… if she doesn’t I will be headed to Target. They have some super cute rain boots with some crazy patterns that I love. Also, Macy has a one day sale, every other day, so that will be on my list of places to scoop some rain boots.
- A Black Pump: This one doesn’t need much explanation. A classic black pump is like the classic little black dress. Just get a pair… or 5. It’s serious neglect if you don’t. I love the ALDO Women’s Stessy Black Velvet Pump but really you probably can find a pair at Walmart with one eye closed if you wanted. We all aim to be so well off that a $600 pair of Louboutins with the fancy red bottom would be an effortless purchases but most of us aren’t there yet. I guarantee you Target has some cute ones.
- A Strappy: If you are anything like me, you probably don’t go out that often and have the occasional day dream of your young party days with your mini skirts and your hooker heels. After realizing that those days are probably best left in the past, you can still bring a sexy strappy into Adulthood with you. A nice strappy is great for the sporatic get away or long over due date night. It can spruce up a plain dress and add a bit of sultry to any outfit. Steve Madden and Sam Edelman makes some great options but there are plenty not so expensive options I love the FSJ Women Hollow-out Gradiators Sandals Open Toe Pumps High Heels Shoes Strappy Buckle Stilettos. I would even go as far as recommending a dark and a light color or even a flat sandal for Summer months.
- A Boot or Bootie: I’ve LOVE a good bootie. My sister introduced me to booties during a summer visit to Chicago when we had a day of sight seeing and she didn’t want to be seen next to me in my gym shoes. The booties were just as comfortable as sneakers and super cute. I love that you can were them in the summer with a flowy dress and the winter with some warm tights. I choose bootie over boots but if you are real fancy get both. That’s my goal eventually. This pairs with chunky heals are the most comfortable but and functional but wear whatever you like. This Breckelles Women’s HEATHER-34 Faux Suede Chunky Heel Ankle Booties is a great inexpensive option.
Personally, I am working on getting all of these in my closet and many more. After having a child and starting my family, I’ve neglected my feet for too long. The buck stops here.
Do you have all of these in your closet now? What are you on the scale of shoe obsession? 1 being … “eh, I can do without shoes” and 10 being… “I die for them”?