10 Reasons You Are Not Seeing Weight Loss Results
As you get settled into the New Year, it’s easy to start to feel a little resistance with any of you goals, especially working out. The top of the year hype has died down and it’s becoming difficult to stay focused. It’s even worse when you feel like you are committing to the processes but you don’t seem to notice any weight loss results. The number on the scale is not changing. The inches around your waist are not getting smaller. You feel defeated and you want to give up.
Don’t Give Up.The great thing about exercise is that your body WILL react. Change is inevitable. There are some things you may be doing to slow down progress and with small changes you’ll begin to notice that your efforts are not in vain. Below are ten reasons you are not seeing weight loss results.
- You are not being Consistent: Come with a schedule that works with you and stick with it. It takes weeks to fall into shape and only a few days to fall out. So stick with your exercise regiment. A good rule of thumb is to not go more than 2 days without a good workout.
- You are not burning enough Calories: You have to burn more calories than you consume. Increase the amount of steps you are taking daily. Increase your exercise frequency, duration, and intensity. Reduce the amount of calories you are eating.
- You are skipping Strength Training: Most people emphasize cardio over strength training but strength training is key to you weight loss efforts. It helps boosts your metabolism so that your body can continue to burn calories even when you are not. Add weights and strength training to your regimen to maximize your results.
- You don’t Switch it Up: You probably have reached a plateau because you have been doing the same thing for too long. Your body has gotten used to your regiment. Shock your metabolism back into burn mode by switching up your fitness regimen. Add intervals and try a new more intense type of exercise.
- You don’t Eat Mindfully: Stop floating mindlessly through your meals. Slow down. Turn off all distractions. Unplug and enjoy each bite and smell of food. This will help you consume less calories.
HERE ARE 5 MORE REASONS YOU ARE NOT LOSING WEIGHT
- You Drink Your Calories: Too much wine or alcohol or sugar drinks are making it hard for you to lose weight. They are empty calories and don’t work to help you in your weight loss goals. Drink more water and less of anything else. Don’t drink your calories, instead focus on eating the best calories for nutrients.
- You Starve Yourself: When you starve yourself, your body goes in to protection mode and holds on to fat that it would otherwise burn. Not eating will never help you in the long run.
- You Aren’t Pushing yourself: Every workout should be challenging in some way. Push yourself to do more. Endure discomfort. Your body will build endurance and you will see a change in the long run.
- You aren’t eating enough Protein: Eating protein can boost your metabolism and help you eat less but feel more full. Add more plant protein, lean meats and poultry to your diet.
- You are impatient: If you are working and you want to see results now, just hold on. There may be a delay in visually seeing your hard work pay off but your body will adapt just be patient
Join the GrayLOVE Tribe!